When it comes to developing a brand, logo design is so important. The power of a logo to provoke an emotional response will affect the way customers and potential customers view a particular product, service or company.
A powerful logo may look simple but there's nothing simple about creating effective logo shapes. Close your eyes and imagine Apple's logo. Now think of Nike's. How about Coca Cola? They're memorable, you most likely pictured them within seconds.
Logos are much more than simple symbols. Logos are the face of your company, delivering a lasting impression. Your logo is a fundamental visual representation of your business, what you do and what you're about. When it comes to designing your logo take the greatest care and be fastidious. If you already have a logo, the same goes for redesigning it. Spare no attention to detail.
So what to consider?
- Be enticing – your logo must appeal to your target audience
- Be unique and memorable – a rail travel company's logo should never be a train
- Be timeless – avoid trendy fonts, trends die out quickly
- Be new – don't follow trends, create them
- Be simple – remember less is more
- Consider shape psychology - circles, squares, triangles all say something different
- Use colour to strengthen your message
- Be adaptable – does the logo look good large or small, in black and white?
Business owners or those wanting a logo will try to do it themselves. We highly recommend against this and suggest you leave the design to a professional, much as you would leave your car repair to a mechanic. You'll find lots of different logo design tools available online, don't be tempted. You've read how important your logo is, work with your designer to create a memorable and powerful logo.
If you're a start-up in need of a logo or are considering a logo redesign let Holly Small Design help you. We can provide advice and guidance every step of the way.