It's difficult to overstate the importance of having a website. Regardless of the size of your business, your target audience, or your key objectives, a website will dramatically enhance your brand’s visibility and your ability to spread your message to a wider audience.
Of course, there's a bit more to it than simply purchasing a domain. Building, branding and promoting a website takes time and effort; it can't be done overnight, and it needs to be part of your long-term business strategy on your road to success.
So what does a top drawer website need to contain, and how can you ensure it benefits your business?
Here's a list of the eight things your website must contain. Depending on your offering, it may need some additional content, but these seven points are crucial no matter who you are or what you do.
- A memorable address. If your website address is simple and to the point, more people will find it.
- Clear company definition. Concisely state what your company does, and what makes you unique.
- Simple and clear sections. Ensure all tabs and hyperlinks are clearly defined.
- Clear calls to action. Give your website's visitors the opportunity and the incentive to get in touch or make a purchase.
- Obvious contact details. Don't hide your business address or contact details
- Keep them in plain sight.
- Quality and consistent content. Make sure that all the website's content, regardless of the medium, is accurate, clear, bespoke, and is written with the right tone of voice.
- Easy-to-use pages. Make your website is as easy as possible to navigate. Don't give customers a reason to get frustrated and click off.
- Links to your social media profile pages. Extend your digital footprint by being active on social media.
However, this is just the start of your website journey. Once the site is created, it needs to be promoted to ensure people know it exists. And that means focusing on SEO.
Getting your message out?
Your website will only start to reap rewards if people know it’s there in the first place. That means employing numerous digital marketing techniques to promote it, with an emphasis on embracing SEO.
SEO stands for search engine optimisation and is how you can go about ensuring Google ranks your website at the top of its search pages. To do this, you need to do several things:
- Firstly, you need to have a website that is high in quality.
- Secondly, you need to be providing something that is beneficial to consumers (this is generally proven by allowing customers to leave reviews or ratings). Also, you need to continually update your website with quality content so that Google knows you are still active. The way that most businesses adhere to this point is by creating a blog, and updating it regularly with bespoke content that their consumers will find valuable, using keywords their customers are likely to type into the search bar.
By following these steps, and by promoting your website on social media, via email, and through partnerships with relevant influencers, your website will help your company to prosper. Remember, it takes time to start flying up those search rankings, so be patient!
Get in touch with Holly Small Design today and speak to us about your requirements and let us work with you to ensure your brand stands out from the crowd at the start of 2019!
Tel no: 01923 260519